Adherence Question with Sustiva and Truvada

This is probably a silly question, but I actually managed to double dose my meds one evening. It was only the next day when I found I was a tablet short that I realsied I had taken my unsual eveing dose twice within about 4 hours. I'm using Truveda & Sustiva and it was the Sustiva that I took twice. I am only in my first month of meds so I'm a bit paranoid about remembering to take them. Is that a problem from an adherence prespective ?

Can you also tell me how impoartant it is to take the dose at the same time each day. I usually try and take the truveda about 9pm and the Sustiva when I go to bed. My bedtime does vary quite a bit so I need to understand if this is a problem. Appreciate your help.

Taking an extra dose of Sustiva should not be a problem and it would make sense to simply get back on schedule the usual time the next evening. This medication has a long half life so taking it strictly at the same time every day is not crucial. The same is really true for Truvada, which also persists in the body for extended periods. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!

tenofovir PrEP-preventative to HIV infection?
Changing Meds due to side effects