|tenofovir PrEP-preventative to HIV infection?
May 20, 2006
There was an interesting article in the New York Times yesterday concerning tenofovir PrEP, and how it could prevent HIV. Any thoughts from the experts on the Body?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
This is an investigational strategy that deserves study based on the successful studies that showed prevention of infection in Simian models of SIV. However, there are daunting ethical and logistical challenges attendant with the design and performance of studies of this nature in humans. But the obstacles are not insurmountable and we need to know if this is a viable potential strategy. .
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eye Floaters After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.