May 19, 2006
my best friend cd4 196 & viral load 91- is this good or bad. is she hiv or aids
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Persons with a CD4 count below 200 (or 15%) have met criteria for AIDS. (All persons with AIDS also have HIV; it's just that those with CD4s greater than 200 generally don't have AIDS, just to be clear.) BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Sign Of HIV Infection
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
- Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.