Sex during / post PEP
May 17, 2006
My partner is taking PEP. How safe is sex during PEP treatment or post PEP?
Response from Dr. Young
I'm sorry to be blunt, but if your partner had a significant enough HIV exposure to warrant taking PEP that means that he could be infected. Why risk it?
I would operate (so to speak), therefore, under the assumption that he has HIV; the use of condoms would be recommended. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Amoxicillin To Treat Vaginal Infections
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.