|Sex during / post PEP
May 17, 2006
My partner is taking PEP. How safe is sex during PEP treatment or post PEP?
| Response from Dr. Young
I'm sorry to be blunt, but if your partner had a significant enough HIV exposure to warrant taking PEP that means that he could be infected. Why risk it?
I would operate (so to speak), therefore, under the assumption that he has HIV; the use of condoms would be recommended. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Genital Warts In The Mouth?
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.