Test Results

I am new to HIv I have only known for 6 months, i have learned a lot and have a ;ot more to learn. I have had 4 sets of lab and my MD say nothing to worry about i am fine just want another opion what do you think is the trend oe what do this test results mean 1st test Viral Load was 8300 and t cells 536 2nd test VL 12,000 T cells 737 3rd Test VL 23,100 T cells 667 4th test 3 months later VL 11.000 and T cell 609 Please tell me what you think Nervous in MASS

Dear Nervous,

I'm with your doctor-- your labs show a relatively low HIV viral load and CD4 count that's well within the normal range.

Take a look at your CD4 percentatges-- my guess is that they will show very little variation over this period of time.

I'll also point out that there's a lot of other preventive medicine issues that should be addressed in all HIV+ persons-- vaccinations to prevent hepatitis and pneumonia, for example. I'd also obtain a HIV drug resistance test to ascertain if you've acquired a drug resistant strain of HIV; this occurs in about 10% of US patients (greater in some big cities).

Best luck, write us back with any questions. BY

speaking of resistance
Gynaecological