Is it ok to run marathons when you are HIV+?

Hi Doctors

I'm HIV+ and run marathons - anything from 10km to 90km. Is this going to be good for my health in the long run? Presently my cd-4 count is 400 and my vl is 3500 and I'm asymptomatic and not yet on treatment. Thank you for your help and advice in this regard. Cliff

Clif- Thanks for your post.

I can see no reason why you shouldn't be able to run marathons-- indeed, it's heartening to know that our patients are capable of doing activities like this (because I couldn't).

Best, BY

Why Can Diabetes Patients get Ins. but HIV patients can not?
update