Why Can Diabetes Patients get Ins. but HIV patients can not?

Why does it seem that someone suffering with Diabetes can get Life Ins. but someone living with HIV is not able to get Insurance. Do you every think this will change? I mean I hear all the time about HIV and Diabetes Paradigm. Please take a moment to explain your thoughs.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

This is based on underwriting guidelines. I do not know what the guidelines are for diabetes. However, if insurance companies are issuing life insurance policies to diabetes patients, I am sure that this has been a change that has occurred over decades. Possibly in the future, the same will apply to HIV. I know that individuals with high blood pressure or high cholesterol, even if they are on medications to manage the condition, have trouble with life insurance. So it is not limited to an HIV diagnosis. Many health conditions can either limit the amount of coverage you can get or make you uninsurable.

GPO-VIR S30
Is it ok to run marathons when you are HIV+?