hight cholesterol an triglicerides statins and reaction
May 7, 2006
Response from Dr. Pierone
There is an interaction between Lipitor and protease inhibitors like Lexiva in which the blood levels of Lipitor tend to be higher. This is especially the case where Norvir is used as part of an antiretroviral regimen. Yet we still use Lipitor in conjunction with protease inhibitors, but start with a lower dose and slowly increase the dosage if necessary.
Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hepatitis C Be Transmitted Through Saliva?
- Is It Against The Law To Have Sex With Someone And Not Tell Them That You Have Hiv?
- What Is The Law Regarding Telling Your Partner You Are Hiv Positive?
- What Is Thrush Does It Cause Vomiting?
- Progression Of Peripheral Neuropathy Legs
- Why Patient Have Hiv Increase Cd8?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.