my lab result

i don't know when i was infected, but i was tested negative in 2001. Last month, i decided to get tested again and i am hiv+ now. My lab result shows CD4 Count: 290, Viral Load: 16203. My Viral load is not bad but my CD4 is low. Is there anyway i can improve my CD4 by eating healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep. I have to admit that the last year i did not get enough sleep. I sleep about 5 hrs a day and i was depressed. I have not been on meds yet. Does CD4 will ever go up with out taking medication?

Not really. Chances are there would not be much in the way of a major change in your CD4 cell count even if you became a vegan Buddhist on extended vacation in Fiji (although it may be worth a try).

Certainly, for your overall health getting good and sufficient sleep is very important as is eating well and exercising. But, you need to be on HIV meds. They work and can make you feel better.

Depression can mess with sleep and is an important problem to also address and treat. Talk to your doctor about referring your to a psychologist and considering whether you could benefit from an anti-depressant. IT can make a world of difference in how well you do with HIV and HIV therapy.

Is a PI only option a good idea?
physicians guidelines