DECIDING ON NEW TREATMENT

I HAVE BEEN ON 3 REGIMINES SO FAR, NOW I AM NORVIR,TRUVADA,REYATAZ IN THE PAST I WAS ON CRIZAVAN 34T 3TC, I WAS ON A VIREAD TREATMENT ALSO. THIS LATEST TREATMENT , MY T-CELL ARE NOT COMING UP0, WANT TO KNOW WHAT COMBO SHOULD I CONSIDER NEXT,TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM ONES THAT CAUSE LIPO, AS IT HAS EFFECTED MY FAT ON MY FACE ALREADY,ALSO WANT ONE EASY TO ADHERE TO, CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT COMBOS I SHOULD CONSIDER?

Thanks for your post.

There's quite a bit more we'd need to know before offering comments about a next drug regimen.

First, is your viral load currently undetectable? Did you have evidence of virologic treatment failure or drug resistance wtih any of your previous drug regimens?

The fact that you were on d4T, 3TC and indinavir speaks to the fact that you've been infected for some time and that the d4T was likely the culprit (in part) to your fat loss.

Your current regimen is thought not to cause much lipodystrophy, increases in CD4s can take a considerable amount of time; so long as your viral load is undetectable, and you're tolerating the meds, I'd be patient.

Write back with the details, include your viral load and CD4 counts (with percentages), perhaps there will be more discussion to add.

Best, BY

Super Infection
drs.