can effects of wasting be stopped/reversed

I have had considerable signs of "wasting" in my face for several years. I'm told it is an effect of HIV mdeications I've been taking (I've heard AZT is often the culprit, but I haven't taken it in over 10 years). Is there any drug/treatment to reverse the "hollow" look in my face? (The most recent items in the forum are a year old.) Thanks.

This is actually a frequent topic of dicsussion here at thebody.com and a really helpful booklet was created by the site on metabolic complications - although I can not find it on the site (!).

Switching from AZT or d4T can improve fat wasting. Once the fat is lost it can take a really long time to improve. If you have longed switched to a kinder and gentler regimen then the next step is reconstructive procedures if you have access to these.

The most tested is Sculputra. It is injected and quite effective.

Unfortunately, there is no pill that will do the trick. A study of teh diabetes drug pioglitazone found increases in limb fat among those who lost fat but there are little data on what happens to face fat.

eradicate
eradicate