allergic reaction?

Hi Doc, I've just started taking meds about 9 days ago (Sustiva and Epizicom) two pills once a day at night. I don't feel as disoriented/woozy as I once felt; I think that I'm finally starting to adjust to them. I've recently noticed that my lips and eyes seem a bit swollen in the mornings. It goes away by the end of the day. No rash, gastro problems, or trouble breathing. Slight cough in the mornings though. The phlegm comes up greenish and is clear by midday. Is this an allergic reaction to abacavir? Should I stop taking these meds? Is this an adjustment period also. I don't want to stop too soon. I am allergic to shellfish, and I ocassionally get seasonal allergies. I see my doctor on Thursday (4/27).

Thanks again for your advice.

Thanks for your post.

Your's does not sound like an abacavir reacation to me. Abacavir HSR doesn't produce greenish phelgm-- rather seasonal allergies with secondary sinusitis may readily explain the whole shooting match. Symptoms in HSR reactions also tend to get much worse in the hours following the dose.

I'd discuss your symptoms with your doctor to be certain. BY

cure
Yellow fever vaccination and HIV