To Burp Or Not Revisited

Hi Dr. Wohl,

It's the Seminole writing back. I wrote your on 3/20/2006 with a question about burping and chest pain and wondering if my meds were part of the issue. Well funny story, I went for my scheduled endoscopy on 4/14 and all was found to be normal. Apparently that evening I had an accute MI (heart attack) and another the following morning as I was driving to the hospital ER. I had emergency Cath followed by surgery. They did triple bypass and two laser shots to create new vessels inside the heart. All is well. I'm lucky that I have damage to my heart from the MIs and am now pumping normally. Needless to say this was all a surprise considering I'm only 45 and eat healthy and excercise. The sad truth is that I've got my father's heart desease (along with the receding hairline) although my outcome and future should be much brighter since so much progress has been made with this particular desease. I guess the lesson here for all patients is that heart symptoms can often be similar to GERD symptoms and we should be a little a little more insistant for quicker and more comprehensive action with our doctors. While I'm pretty beat up right now, I consider myself lucky.

Wow! What an extraordinary and cautionary tale. I am glad you got the help you received and are doing well. Good luck,

my first lab result
unusual situation virgin HIV+