recent labs making no sense

My doctor is puzzled by the fact that my VL is 692 and my CD4 is 312. My last blood draw was 4 months prior with a VL of 1200 and a CD4 of 390. I am not, nor have been on any meds. Have you seen this discordance and do you think I should be on meds?

I don't think that your labs are that confusing-- in my view, there isn't discordance between the two sets.

The CD4 count hasn't changed dramatically, it's simply lower and well within a possible change in a 4 month period.

Likewise, your viral load has decreased, but only about 40%-- also within the normal variability of the test.

Assuming that you're currently asymptomatic, there's no immediate need to be on medications. Your low viral load portends a generally slow rate of CD4 decline. However, with repeated CD4s below 400 (or, about 350), if you were a pro-active patient, there would be sufficient basis to consider starting meds.

I hope this helps, BY

Needing your help, in a bad way
HIV TREATMENT RECOMMEDATION in OAKLAND/SAN FRANCISO, CA AREAS