PPD SKIN POSSTIVE
Apr 18, 2006
I FOUND BE FOR 3 MONTH I AM HIV POSSTIV I AM TB NEGATIVE AND SKIN POSSTIVE I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICNE FOR MY SKIN POSSETIVE ?PLEACE TEL ME ABOUT IT??
Response from Dr. Wohl
The PPD skin test indicates that you have been exposed to TB (tuberculosis). As you write, it does not mean you have active TB - only that the germ has entered your body, is likely still there and can one day blossom into active disease.
People with HIV infection anre many time more likely to come down with active TB.
Taking TB medicine can reduce the risk of active disease considerably.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Can I Catch Aids From Kissing With A Mouth Ulcer?
- Can You Infect Someone With HIV Days After You Are Infected?
- Does Long Lasting Herpes Outbreak Mean I Am Infected With HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.