|PEP - Multiple Treatment over time
Apr 18, 2006
I am HIV+ and my partner is HIV-. We had anal sex and the condom I was wearing broke. I did not find this out until after ejaculation inside. This happened 10 hours ago. He has had PEP treatment for 6 months about a year and a half ago. Can he repeat PEP now? He told me the clinic where he got his first PEP told him PEP could only be done one time. I want him to do PEP again. He says it is ineffective. Please clear up the confusion?
| Response from Dr. Young
I'm not sure who's providing the advice on PEP, but PEP can certainly be used more than once if necessary.
Typically, PEP is administered for 28 days (or 1 month), not six months. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Psoriasis A Sign Of AIDS?
- Can You Get AIDS From Touching An Open Scab?
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.