does exposure mean trandmission
Apr 18, 2006
I recently had vaginal intercourse with a man who is HIV positive he intentionally took off the condom and ejaculated inside of me on two ocassions. can I do anything to prevent transmission?
Response from Dr. Young
I'd have to wonder about someone who would intentionally expose you to HIV, not once, but twice.
That said, if the exposures have occured within 48 hours, post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) with antiretroviral medications can reduce the likelihood of infection. After that period of time, the effectiveness of PEP is dramatically reduced.
I'd advise speaking with your doctor as soon as possible. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will Thrush Go Away After Stopping Antibiotic?
- Condom Was Used But I'm Still Afraid Of Hiv
- When You Have A Herpes Break Out How Long Does It Take To Get Blisters?
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.