Apr 18, 2006
Dear Doctor, I have a question about the dose of Indinavir sulfate.According to a book about HIV/AIDs treatment (Published by POZ organization), the dose of Indinavir is 800mg three time a day and they also put a remark on the dose of this medicine like this: twice-daily dose is not recommended due to viral load failure. But in reality,I notice the doctor prescribes twice-daily dose of Indinavir regimen to the patient (with Ritonavir or with Kaletra) Is this correct or not?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
With ritonavir, the medication can be dosed twice-daily (800 mg with 100 mg ritonavir) and without meal restrictions.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Inside Of Mouth Symptoms Of Std's
- Uncommon Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.