PPD SKIN POSSTIVE
Apr 15, 2006
I FOUND BE FOR 3 MONTH I AM HIV POSSTIV I AM TB NEGATIVE AND SKIN POSSTIVE I HAVE TO TAKE MEDICNE FOR MY SKIN POSSETIVE ?PLEACE TEL ME ABOUT IT??
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
The PPD skin test determines whether a person has been exposed to the TB bacillus in the past; it cannot distinguish between uncomplicated exposure and active disease.
Persons who have a positive PPD test, especially those with HIV, typically receive preventive therapy (with isoniazid and vitamin B6) to decrease the likelihood of developing active tuberculosis disease. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Seborrheic Dermatitis Do I Have Hiv?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Rubbing Vagina?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sharing A Drink?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- Can You Get HIV From Sex Toys?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.