resistance to CCR5 inhibitors
Apr 15, 2006
Dr Ben, a real quick question if you don't mind.Can resistance to a CCR5 inhibitor occur?i'm not talking about the virus just switching from R5 to X4 tropism.But can the virus do something to bind to the R5 receptor EVENTHOUGH the CCR5 drug is there,and inhibiting the binding?thx for your time.
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, resistance to CCR5 inhibitors has been demonstrated-- this reinforces the idea that R5 inhibitors should optimally be used in conjunction with other drugs that retain antiviral activity. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of Seroconversion
- Black Spots After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.