|resistance to CCR5 inhibitors
Apr 15, 2006
Dr Ben, a real quick question if you don't mind.Can resistance to a CCR5 inhibitor occur?i'm not talking about the virus just switching from R5 to X4 tropism.But can the virus do something to bind to the R5 receptor EVENTHOUGH the CCR5 drug is there,and inhibiting the binding?thx for your time.
| Response from Dr. Young
Yes, resistance to CCR5 inhibitors has been demonstrated-- this reinforces the idea that R5 inhibitors should optimally be used in conjunction with other drugs that retain antiviral activity. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.