|T-cells down but viral load unchanged
Apr 12, 2006
Over the past six months my t-cells have dropped from about 300 to 150, but my viral load has remained essentially unchanged at 30-40k. Does this seem correct to you. It seems to me that when t-cells go down the viral load should go up. Also, I can trace my initial infection to about a year ago. Is this rapid progression typical? I have had my virus phenotyped, and it is the wild type virus. Thoughts?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
While it is relatively uncommon to see progression from acute infection to CD4 less than 200 in 1 year, this rate of progression can and does happen.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.