Question for the Ace Doc

Dear Dr. Young,

I want to ask you directly a question. After all, for some reason I respect your opinion and wisdom when dealing with my past question. Aside from my wonderful Doc (Edwin DeJesus), you are my most trusted and favored professional. I asked the question to other Docs but I honestly want you to answer. Here goes.

Do you think that Immune Based Therapy or Therapeutic Vaccines are coming in the near future? If so how will they affect those of us who are HIV pos, both treatment naive and treatment experienced? I look forward to your professional opinion.

Thanks for your post and comments.

IMHO, I wouldn't be betting on either a preventive or therapeutic vaccine for HIV in the near term.

There's a lot of very preliminary things in the pipeline, but none yet that have caught my eye.

Bear in mind, while struggling for the vaccine approach, we've seen the validation of fusion inhibitors, second-generation protease inhbitors ("high-affinity PIs"), CCR5 co-receptor antagonists and integrase inhibitors...

I think that the pipeline will continue to provide new medications, new strategies and new hope.

Thanks for reading. BY

HIV Medications
Switching off Combivir - now what?