low cost prescriptions
Apr 10, 2006
I have lost my insurance at work as I lost hours at work. I can't really afford $500/month for cobra. Are there any financial assistant programs for hiv patients for medications?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Unfortunately, you're not alone in this situation. There are many who have difficulty in paying for HIV medications, even here in the US.
There are a variety of patient assistance programs for HIV medications. Which ones, if any, that you qualify for depend on the particulars of your financial situation and where you live.
I'd look up your local AIDS service organization and contact them for advice.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.