Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Meds
Apr 10, 2006

I need your help with my Meds. I've been taking my meds in the US for 3 years. Now I've moved to the Caribbean and trying to get meds from them they give me different type of meds and they say their same thing. I've been taking Viramune and their replacing for Nevimune is this right combination? Second I've been taking the Epzicon or Epivir and Ziagen they don't have this kind of meds what they have is Abocovier, Abamuine and Lamivier 150 I don't know what to take or to replace with what? Please help me I've trying to contact my Doctor in the Florida she's not available and has not return my call as yet. Any help is appreciated. I'm out of meds for three days now.

Regards

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

Viramune is the trade name for nevirapine.

Epzicom (or Kivexa) is the trade name for coformulated abacavir (Ziagen) with 3TC (Epivir).

The replacement that you've described is entirely acceptable. BY

Previous
testosterone gel and lipoatrophy
Next
Stopping Norvir as booster

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.