testosterone gel and lipoatrophy

I have been taking Androgel 5 g/day for more than 3 years because of low testosterone; I've also been on truvada and sustiva for almost 2 years. Am I at risk for lipoatrophy from the Androgel? I sometimes think that I have lost fat in my face, but what I am seeing could also be a result of aging (I'm 42).

Thanks for your post.

Generally speaking replacement doses of testosterone aren't associated with lipoatrohy. Additionally, the HIV regimen that you're taking isn't associated with increased risk of lip.

If you sense that you're losing fat in your face, it could be aging; it could be due to HIV (though less likely due soley to the medications that you're taking).

I'd suggest talking to your doctor about your symptoms and questions. Good luck, BY

KS
Meds