Apr 10, 2006
Doctor Ben, you are a really nice guy and i was wondering if you could tell more about PRO 140 or IR103.I can't find any information relevant to those two therapies(or very limited and antiquited).You're doing a great job!THX-Paul
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and nice words.
PRO140 is a monoclonal antibody from Progenics, directed against CCR5 and continues in development (phase 1). Recent data on PRO140 were presented at the 2006 CROI meeting in Denver.
IR103, aka Remune-- a candidate HIV vaccine, on the other hand hasn't had much positive of late, following the virtual failure in a large clinical trial.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Mouth A Sign Of HIV?
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.