Drug Frequency

I've been on Sustiva & Truvada for about 4 months now. During the first 3 months, I dosed at EXACTLY the same times everyday (7am & 9:30pm).I still have NOT missed a dose. However, instead of waking up early on wknds at 7am for my morning dose (truvada) like I do during the week, I usually take my first pill between 8am -9am. Also, during the week I usually go to bed around 10pm and will take my Sustiva around that time. On the wknds I stay up later and will dose anytime between 11pm - 1am. Should this change in schedule have any drastic effect on the potency of the drugs? My doctor tried to explain that both of my meds have a "forgiving half-life" but I don't really know how "forgiving" they are; or what that truly means. Again, I have NEVER missed a dose, but I'm due for my 2nd. round of test (VL) soon and feel nervous. Perhaps, I have nothing to worry about, but some reassurance would be helpful. I went undetectable after only 4 weeks of being on treatment. I'm hoping to stay that way! thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks for your post.

I think that the dosing window that you've described is fine-- I advise patieints to try to take their medicines at more or less the same time, but a couple of hour variability on long half-lived drugs (like yours) should be (and is) fine. Your initial viral load results actually provide proof that whatever you're doing is working well.

Good luck, BY

Should I start meds?
Should I start meds?