What can I do about PML

I have been diagnosed with PML. I know there is no treatment and adhering to HIV meds is critical. Is there anything else I can do? I am so scared.

Thanks for your post.

The absolutely best treatment for PML is CD4 cells-- hence getting on well chosen, well adhered-to HIV medications is the most important thing.

It's worth mentioning that getting comprehensive HIV care is also important-- if you have PML for example, you likely have a CD4 count below 100 (probably below 50)-- as such, you should be receiving medications to prevent Pneumocystis (usually a sulfa antibiotic, such as Bactrim, Septra) and perhaps azithromycin to prevent MAC infection.

After that, get a balanced diet, rest -- all the usual things that we'd recommend for someone with an active AIDS complication.

Good luck, BY

workmans comp and needle sticks
new drugs