Diet Pills (Phentermine) & HIV combination therapy

I am a 25 year old male who is 40 pounds overweight. I am currently on combination of reyataz and combivir. My doctor told me to just try excercisng and eating right to lose the weight. A friend of mine who is not hiv positive and is taking phenetermine and she gave me some of hers. I read up on the drug and there is no mention about how it should not be takin when on hiv medication. You are only suggested to take one pill a day of phentermine in the morning. The first two days of taking it went very well. I had alot more energy and it decreased my apetite alot. The third day I started to fell very slugish towards the middle of the day and took another one. That night when I was walking around I started feeling very short of breath. I layed down it this went away. I decided to quit taking phentermine after the 3rd night. I have been off it now for 4 days and I am still getting short of breath when I am walking around and doing normal excercise that really didn't make me short of breath before. Could I be open to heart failure at my age? Should I go to the doctor?

Thanks for your post.

I'm not aware of any specific drug-drug interaction between your meds, though I doubt that this has been formally evaluated.

Nevertheles, any patient that has persistent shortness of breath has a medical condition that deserves evaluation. I'd definitely speak to your doctor about your symptoms. BY

PML Question on Recovery
Drug storage