PML Question on Recovery

Hi Dr. Young,

I know that you have treated some PML patients so I wanted to ask if you have ever seen recovery AFTER a year. I got PML a year ago but only started HAART 6 months ago -- went from 24 dd4 to 171 and have been undet. for 5-1/2 months. Some days I can walk without support (unsteadily) and others I can barele move! Can I possibly see more mobility? I have searched the site and am unsure if there is a time limit. Thanks.

Thanks for your post.

It's difficult to predict the rate and extent of improvment after PML-- some improve quickly, others (more commonly) take many months to see the maximum recovery. Given that I'd expect your CD4 count to continue to improve and that you've only been on treatment for about 6 months, I'd continue to have hope and expectations of further recovery.

Good luck, BY

Taking Viramune with t cells above 400
Diet Pills (Phentermine) & HIV combination therapy