Research

Dear Dr Wohl, Many thanks for your prompt reply. As to your concerns. The CD4 count was 290 and VL 300000. This is his medication: Once daily:2 pills of Reyataz. 1 pill of Norvir.1 pill of Truvada. Your opinion on this medication will be welcomed. Once again thank you for your support. Ticko

Dear Ticko,

I have pasted your original question and my response below for others to read. The combo you list is a good one. It is once a day and has been found to be effective and well-tolerated in people starting HIV therapy.

Question:

Dear Forum Experts, A friend of mine has been asked to join a Research Group.These are the options for him to choose between.Kindly give us your comments on what to choose: 1.Kaletra+ 2 Nucleoside anagolues 2.Reyataz+Norvir+ 2 Nucloeside analogues 3.Stocrin+ 2 Nucleosside analogues

Your swift comments will be most appreciated. Thank you in advance Ticko Stockholm Sweden

Response from Dr. Wohl:

I assume this is for those who have not previously received HIV therapy. This seems to be a great study. The three study arms are each potent and commonly used combinations.

There are other important factors to consider such as whether medication is provied for free, what T-cell count does your friend have (if he has a very high count it may be premature to start therapy), what are the nucelosides?

To Burp or not To Burp, that's the question
reactions