Mar 29, 2006
Dear Dr Young
So I'm really positive (no pun) about the whole situation really - just one question - as a HIV clinician what was the annual mortaility % of your patients 10 years ago and what would you think it is in 2006 ?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and questions.
Ten years ago in the pre-HAART era, about 30% of my patients died every year. Now, the rate is less than 1% per year.
Good health to you, keep up the adherence. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Muscle Ache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling Lips Sign Of Seroconversion
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.