Mar 29, 2006
Dear Dr Young
So I'm really positive (no pun) about the whole situation really - just one question - as a HIV clinician what was the annual mortaility % of your patients 10 years ago and what would you think it is in 2006 ?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post and questions.
Ten years ago in the pre-HAART era, about 30% of my patients died every year. Now, the rate is less than 1% per year.
Good health to you, keep up the adherence. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will My Hair Grow Back After Syphilis Treatment?
- Where Are Genital Herpes Sores Located On Women?
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Damage Can Chlamydia Do To Your Body?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Shingles?
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.