Does masturbation adversely affect immune system?

I have just been diganosed hiv+, and while I wait for the results of my complete bloodwork to see where I am, I was wondering if masturbating occasionally has any detrimental effect on the progression of the hiv. Does it do anything to my immune system, will if cause the virus spread quicker or anything like that? FYI I am a male. I am absolutely new to this and am trying to learn as much as possible. It has been a very difficult time for me, as anyone else in my situation knows, and I find that masturbating occasionally helps relieve my stress a bit, and relax afterward. But before I do it again, I was a little worried about what repercussions this may have at this time, especially since I don't have any information on my blood figures. On a seperate area, do you know anything of the status of the phase II trials of the therapeutic vaccine which is supposed to keep viral load down? I can't reacall the actual drug, but I think this began a year or two ago with a french study, that showed that a certain vaccine worked pretty efectively at keeping the virus down, without the need for oral therapy. Just curious, any information is helpful. Thanks.

The good news is that years of scientific research has failed to find any adverse effects of masturbation. So, your mom was wrong.

There are therapeutic vaccines being studied. They aim to augment HIV therapy and produce immune response to HIV that may lead to less need for long term HIV meds. I suggest you contact your area university based medical center conducting HIV research and see if they are doing a vaccine study. In the US, check out http://www.aidsinfo.nih.gov/ to search for clinical trials.

changing medication 1
rash with meds after needle stick