|what causes hepitisc
Mar 25, 2006
a friend of mine has hepitis c he was told it was from bodily fluids is this true?
Response from Dr. Wohl
Hepatitis C virus (HCV), like HIV, is a virus and is transmitted from person to person. Both can be spread by sex, by sharing needles and from tainted blood products.
For much more info, check out www.cdc.gov and search for HCV. Also, www.natap.org has everything you would want to know (and more) regarding HCV.
Eliminating HIV reservoirs might damage cells?
Newly Infected / Diagnosed - High Liver Numbers
- Itchy Skin After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.