Can I go to a one pill a day with Combivir/Viramune

Hi Doctors:

I have my doctor's appppointment coming up soon and am curious about a few things which I plan to ask my doctor. I've been taking Combivir and Viramune for three years now. Is there a one pill regimine yet for this combo? Does the AZT in the Combivir lead to facial lipo with long-term use?

Thanks for your help !

Thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, there isn't a triple-drug combo pill of AZT/3TC (Combivir) and nevirapine (Viramune) in the US. [The triple combo actually exists as an off-patent, generic in India, though].

There is debate about the risk of lipo in patients like you who have been on AZT for years-- but suffice to say that there appears to be a small risk in patients who are starting on treatment (but far less than that associated with d4T).

BY

Change in meds
Saliva Test