have an cdr count of 125 with a viral lod in the millions

doctor says I car a high viral load with a low cd4 count of 125 and a viral load in the million range but still have good heath, what would you, say would be my next step with not know if i want to take meds for it . what are the options.

Thank you for your post.

With a CD4 count of about 100 and an extremely high viral load, I'm not sure that I fully understand why you would want to delay starting HIV medications. Patients like you were common in my practice in the mid-1990's-- without treatment nearly 1/3 of these young men died every year-- often with debilitating complications, like pneumonia, cancer and blindness; not for the lack of trying just about everything, from herbal supplements, mega-dose vitamins and (yes) rectal ozone.

If you were my patient, I'd work hard to provide education about the risks and significant benefits of HAART. Currrent medications can be and are very well tolerated and restore your immune system to healthy levels. You don't have to believe me, but before dismissing this as a pharmaceutical industry propaganda, I'd encourage you to look at recent posts on this forum titled "medication honesty" for readers experiences.

I wouldn't recommend anything else at this time, other than trimethoprim/sulfa to minimize the risk of PCP, an otherwise life-threatening form of fungal pneumonia that is common among persons with CD4 counts less than 200.

Best, BY

Migration for Trizivir
Need your help please!!!