|Dosing time - transatlantic travel
Mar 20, 2006
Apologies, in advance, since you've probably answered this question before, but I couldn't find it. I take Sustiva and Truvada before bedtime (approximately 11:30p-12:30a). I will be travelling to Spain (6 hour time difference from my home in Ohio). So my normal dosing time will be during the flight, which is fine. When should the next dose be, and how best to reverse the adjustment when returning to the USA?
| Response from Dr. Young
What I usually tell my transoceanic travelers is to simply set your clock to the destination and take your drugs as usual-- this would mean a somewhat early dose on the east-bound leg and an later than usual dose on return.
Safe travels. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Common Are Oral Warts?
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.