LATE DOSES

Hello Doctors: I have been taking Truvada+Boosted Reyataz( w/norvir) for over a year and have had great results. I take my meds religously every morning. Yesterday, I had to fly out for the day and I had my breakfast, but forgot to take my meds. When I arrived home, I saw my pills on my desk. I was 12 hours late, to be exact. I went ahead and took the pills, as I figured better late than never. My question is: How forgiving are the meds, if I am this late? Should have I just skipped a dose and taken my next round in the morning? I am worried.... hope you can shed some light. WorryWart

Dear WW--

A single late dose on a once-daily medication regimen should be fine. The only downside to taking your dose 12 hours late is that you might have some increased side effects on your next dose; for this reason, I'd be sure to make sure that you're well hydrated, and as always, with atazanavir, make sure that you take your medication with food. BY

5 years on Sustiva and Trizivir
MAC Treatment