Mar 16, 2006
does platlets count between 700 to 1000 for two years dangerous? What shell I do?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Getting the units of measurement here is really important. Usually we think of platelet counts as a function of thousands-- 700,000 or 1,000,000. It's conceivable though that your counts could be quite low-- 0.7 thousand (700) or 1,000. In either case, especially the later, this is not normal and indicative of something abnormal.
Make sure that you get follow up from your doctor to see what's going on.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling In Feet Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.