Medication honesty

I have just seen this original message and apart from laughing out loud I wanted to share my experience. Firstly I live in Thailand but am from a western country - I have asked a couple of questions before on this forum and always had informed opinion back which has helped me better understand certain things.

My treatments have included AZT, for which I suffered an anemic reaction after 2 years usage - big deal - I needed a blood transfusion and was admitted into hospital for a couple of days. My doctor was well on top of the situation the whole time - I was extremely relaxed about leaving things in her control. I suffered a reaction to Abacavir, again, easily spotted and stopped straight away. I am now on DDI and so far so good. I also take stocrin and experienced a drunken effect for a while and even to this day have vivid dreams (but not nightmares, just more like a movie than the trailer), again no big deal. I started treatment with a CD4 count somewhere around 200 and its now around 880 and my viralload has always been undetectable after first treatment 3-4 years ago.

For me its a no brainer - I am living a totally normal life and have no noticable side effects - i'll stick with the solution that seems to be working for me.

Thanks for your post; especially valuable since you report on your experiences from Thailand.

I think that many of our readers can take heart (no pun intended) in your story of side effects and switching to new medications to find the one that ultimately worked the best. Even for the so-called bad side effects of AZT-anemia and abacavir hypersensitivity , you recovered quickly and without lasting effects.

Overall, it seems like you've done very, very well on your regimen-

Thanks for sharing; enjoy some phad thai for me. BY

my boy friend is hiv+
platlets