my boy friend is hiv+

My boy friend has been living with hiv since 2000 and he is now on cocktail therapy.......his CD4 count is 1999 and sometimes he has lympth nodes swelling and is there something he can take to make him live longer.....like vitamins...herbs........etc or any formula will make him feel better.....gaining weight........anything I can do.........

Thanks for your post.

If your BF's CD4 count is 1999, he's probably got a pretty healthy immune system. The most essential thing you can do to make him live longer is to support his physical and emotional health-- assistance and reminders to be adherent to his medications regimen is also very important.

I'm not a big believer in the idea that extra vitamins or herbs do much to increase the quality of life in persons who have access to adequate and diverse dietary foods-- if he's having difficulty with weight gain, it'd be worth discussing this with his doctor; weight loss can be caused by a wide range of issues.

Thanks for writing. BY

Re:Epivira
Medication honesty