I need informations about my condition

HI !

I am 37 years old, diagnosed with HIV in 1992, and never took any HIV medication or treatment and never had CD4's drop or detectable viral load since I was diagnosed. I don't know why and I was tested several times after to make sure I am really HIV positive ( I am, according to the tests result ). My doctor told me that I could be a " long term non progressor " and he said that it's rare and that he does not have much information to give me about my condition. Can you tell me more about this ? I guess I am very lucky, but I would like to understand why I don't need meds, have no symptoms, etc. It's hard to explain that to my family and friends, they say I am NOT HIV positive, so.. Can you help me to understand more ?

Thanks !!

Thanks for your post.

Yes, indeed, you are one of the rare lucky ones (<1% of patients) who have confirmed HIV antibodies ("HIV+") but undetectable viral loads-- patients like you are the group that we call long-term non-progressors, because there is little or no decline in the CD4 cell counts over time.

We're not sure exactly why this occurs, but it has something to do with a very good innate immune response to HIV and/or a crippled virus.

A search on "long-term non-progressors" should help fill in some of the gaps for you.

Best, BY

answers about my mom
Re:Epivira