|answers about my mom
Mar 15, 2006
my question is ,last year or so my mom has lost "alot of weight" went from 220 to now 140 she just stays in bed most if not all day depressed of course,should i take matter in to my own hands and start moving her in with me,or am i just over reacting,my dad died 2 yrs ago and he wasted away as well?
| Response from Dr. Young
I'd think that the most important issue is to understand the emotional or medical reasons why your mother has lost 80 pounds-- this usually points to a serious condition. If she were my family member, I'd discuss the mater of weight loss with her doctors.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Itchy Skin During Seroconversion
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.