|Not on meds
Mar 15, 2006
My cousin was diagnosed wtih HIV lst summer but is not on any medications. He goes to the doctor once a month. Is ths normal(to not be on any medications)?
| Response from Dr. Young
Yes, it's entirely ok for many patients with HIV not to be on medications. So long as your cousin is feeling well (asymptomatic) and has a normal CD4 cell count (greater than 350), there's probably no need to be on meds right now.
Thanks for posting. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Blowjob From A Prostitute Safe?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.