Mar 13, 2006
my viral load has been detected to be 100,000. I know that's high. Have people with this high viral load lived long? I'm still waiting for my other test results. Just recently diagnosed.
Response from Dr. Young
Yes, persons with high viral loads should have very good prognoses. Current antiretroviral combination therapies have been shown to be very effective in persons with high viral loads (arbitrarily defined as >100,000).
Good luck, BY
Starting Chemo with low CD4?
Re: Medication Honesty
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- Can Alcohol Affect Hiv Test?
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
- Can I Get Hiv From My Cat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.