Food With Sustiva

I've been taking Sustiva and Truvada for five and one half months now and still have some problems with dizziness and agressive thoughts. If I take the meds right before going to bed I do not have this problem. Normally I can't do this however because of my work schedule which forces me to eat dinner around 9:45 p.m. and I can't wait for two full hours before my stomach is "empty". As a result, I typically take the meds around 8:15 p.m. and eat at 9:30 to 9:45 p.m. at which point point my head is spinning and sometimes I have angry thoughts, I'm moody, or depressed. Would it be OK to eat at 9:30 to 9:45 p.m. and then take the meds at 10:30 to 10:45 p.m. right before going to bed even though only one hour had passed instead of the "magical" two hours? Please help.

It is worth a try. In your case anything you can do to separate food from the dose would be helpful. Try the after eating schedule and see if this helps any.

If not, another trick that may work for the super-motivated is to set an alarm clock and take the meds at midnight. You would need to have a really loud alarm clock and not be a heavy sleeper (and an understanding bed partner) so as not to miss the dose.

Naturopathy
Long ago Exposure recent status positive.