Mar 9, 2006
Is Epivira is best medication to start the treatment. One of the family members with Absolute CD4 Cell count 216 ? Not sure about the viral load. CD4/CD8 = 0.33 Absolute CD8 Cell count 658.00
Response from Dr. Young
Gracias por su pregunta.
Epivira (3TC, lamivudine) is a widely prescribed component of first-line treatment. It should not be given as monotherapy, but only in combination with at least two other medications.
Your family member has a low CD4 count and probably should be considering HIV medications.
Feel free to write us back here if you have any additional questions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.