Mar 9, 2006
Is Epivira is best medication to start the treatment. One of the family members with Absolute CD4 Cell count 216 ? Not sure about the viral load. CD4/CD8 = 0.33 Absolute CD8 Cell count 658.00
Response from Dr. Young
Gracias por su pregunta.
Epivira (3TC, lamivudine) is a widely prescribed component of first-line treatment. It should not be given as monotherapy, but only in combination with at least two other medications.
Your family member has a low CD4 count and probably should be considering HIV medications.
Feel free to write us back here if you have any additional questions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
- How Long Does Hpv Last Without A Host?
- I Have A Bump Under My Skin On My Vagina Is It A Std
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.