Mar 6, 2006
a friend of mine is on treat using( viramune and combiv)she keeps on having abdominal pains that never goes away.Her doctor did all the scans on her liver and the results showed that it was fine.could it be the effect of combivir or what myte be causing the ptoblem.
Response from Dr. Wohl
There can be many causes of abdominal pain. If these pains started soon after the HIV medications began, I would be worried about this being treatment related - even if the tests are unrevealling.
I would discuss with her doctor stopping the medication for a few days to weeks (if possible) and seeing if the symptoms resolve. If they do, this suggests a relationship between the medications and the pain.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.