Who no mention of the benefits of Spirulina?

Can someone please explain why after studies have proven (Including studies by the National Cancer Institute) the success in the benefits of Sulfolipids found in blue green micro algae are not mentioned anywhere in your site... either as a treatment or helper while taking meds which have such diverse effects as liver and kidney damage when it could help with these matters in correlation with the meds? It just makes me wonder who's paying you.

Whoa, wait a minute.

The reason that you've not heard much recently about Spirulina is that there hasn't been much research presented on the topic. The last published article on the topic dates to 1998. To my knowledge, there haven't been studies on the efficacy in humans infected with HIV.

Since that time, there have been thousands of published research articles on dozens of other compounds-- many of which we now call HIV medications-- drugs that have been tested in well designed, prospective randomized clinical trials. Drugs that have proven efficacy and well characterized safety and toxicity profiles. The fact that I believe in such scientific inquiry doesn't mean that I don't continue to savor the possibility of better compounds and drug targets to treat HIV, nor does it mean that this forum exists simply for marketing pharmaceutical products (as your last comment suggests).

Just for the record, I'm paid here by the good folks at TheBody.com. My financials are listed on the site- including funding that comes from pharmaceuticals. If that makes my comments invalid, you can discount what I write. What's not listed is that our office also receives revenue from the Centers for Disease Control and (somewhat) by the insurance companies of my patients and that I take care of patients here and elsewhere, pro bono. BY

Research Volunteering - Can it hurt?
Antibodies present but not hiv virus